11.19.2009

faith.

find it. hold on tight.


several weeks ago, my sweet friend was so excited when she brought me these PeRFECtLY old-dirty-yummy bottles from her brother's land. as friends do, she was happy knowing how excited they would make me :)  they were the most fitting motivation for making my bottles again. even more incentive coming from someone who believed in me.
and , of course, as life does, it fills quickly with one thing after another fighting for priority in your day to day schedule and things falls by the waist side...and there the bottles sat collecting more dust on my mantle.

last friday, this same friend and her family tragically lost her brother. immediately, the feeling of life continuing all around you except the floor's dropped out and the struggle for friends and family to figure out how to help them get on with life without their loved one began. i felt paralyzed. i definitely don't feel like a pro when it comes to helping those close to me without over-thinking and as queen of stick-your-foot-in-your-mouth, words aren't always my best choice. and words don't take the hurt away. i just hoped and prayed that she could feel my love and support and that i could think of some way to be there for her...hmm, pray.  makes me think of faith. something i know that my friend has and hangs onto dearly. this so comforts me because i know that it is faith and God's love that will help her baby steps at a time.
then it became clear to me...as a symbol of faith and as a way to always cherish this loyal, special man...hopefully i could support her without the fear of words.
those amazing bottles were instantly dear to me coming from my friend...and now i hope they might be to her...love you amy

in remembrance of bradley thomas newsom...





cherish each moment we are here. live in faith and share it with those around you.


No comments: