11.30.2009

don't think you're not going to fight. -joe veith



the simple statement my grandpa turned to say to us so randomly and out of the blue, in the parking lot, on the way in his and grandma's 60th wedding anniversary celebration. gee, thanks grandpa for the chipper sentiment. after he turned back around we both giggled, but funny how we've never forgotten. we had JuST gotten married...literally :)
so, thirteen years ago it began as a ReALLY rainy day (good luck-woohoo). it was freezing cold. later sunshine and a beautiful afternoon. the night was crisp and blustery...perfect for a fan of mr. pooh. we had a blast with family and friends. and started the rest of our lives....ahh, fairytale. okay, maybe the modern day kind because grandpa was right...
what a life we've started! we have been so blessed with MaNY things! each other. three healthy, spunky boys. our families. great friends. good jobs. two dogs. a house and cars and things. and really so much more. and let's just say that it's not always been a cake walk or all good times. infact, sometimes, i'm pretty sure we both have wondered: what are we doing?  how'd we get here? and can we make it?... life is hard. it's not all so pretty and perfect and easy. and we all make really dumb decisions at one time or another and don't always think of those around us. but each day is new and, thankfully, God allows us perspective and forgiveness and sense of humor to grow and learn together.  and i'm proud to say that i think we do that and THaT iS NoT EaSY!
these past thirteen years have been the best in my life and i cannot wait to see what we say to our grandchildren at our 60th anniversary celebration :)
mister, thank you for being my best friend. putting up with the loud obnoxious, messy, starts 900-projects-and-finishes-one me. surprising me. challenging me. road-tripping it with me. forgiving me. dreaming with me. couch dating me. silly texting me. raising smelly boys with me. smiling through way too many that-didn't-suck-too-bad dinners for me.
growing old with me.

love you,
sanford

more.

No comments: